Thursday, August 19, 2010

when i wake up [on the other hand]

Do you know this feeling?

It's like...
- hearing a symphony orchestra play a rachmaninov piano concerto (or rework foals spanish sahara)
- that first taste of Crème brûlée after you crack the shell...
- a rich glass of red wine
- seeing a shooting star
- when someone goes out of their way to hold the door for you.
- receiving a handwritten letter from a dear friend
- that feeling when you can't stop smiling with your mouth or your eyes and you can't hide it
- the smell of pumpkin spice and cinnamon candles on a chilly autumn night
- when you've had a wretched day and someone wraps their arms around you
- just out of the shower, climbing into clean sheets when you're ever so tired.
- a good book
- a kiss on the forehead

...that's what it's like with him.

4 comments:

Irving said...

I enjoy reading your perspective on things, such as this. To me, it's as simple as waking near dawn, and looking over at an angel next to me, and knowing that I would not want to be anywhere else in the world, but there, watching her sleep.

Great stuff, keep it coming :)

Irving

a real phony said...

oh.my.goodness. i'll have what she's having.

MeLissa said...

How did I miss this post?
If he is anything like the smell of pumpkin spice, then you're a lucky girl...

Izabela said...

I'm in a chasing for this feeling .... I'm wrong?