Friday, August 13, 2010

a song for a baron.


I went to old street
The baron found me in the underground
And we went walking
Past the protestors but no one made a sound
Just hanging
Like all the pictures on the walls and up the stairs
Make introductions
And find out how you made your way from here to there

We can’t contain the sights and sounds
In our heads
So we fill these spaces with how we see it
Instead
We can’t contain the beat that drums
in our heads
So we fill these spaces with how we feel it
Instead

He tells me
Racing stories in the middle of the afternoon
Make a list of things
I should discover and some trouble we should get into
We should be sleeping
Was up all night but I said "I would rather be with you."
We’re just swimming
In the sunlight building rockets to the moon.

No comments: