Monday, August 9, 2010

awareness. [the conversation at the edge]

You are awakening something in me.
An awareness. A movement.
A stillness…
You still think me a girl, ripe with beauty and teaming with life.
I’m hungry for stability and love and romance and adventure and...
I am ravenous.
Weary of heartsickness. Healing from years of malnutrition.
That is my story.
And this is my song - shalom. (peace. wholeness. health. rest. full...)
Be my source and my vision, then.
If I am a cup brimming with love…
a cup constantly filled to overflowing, but never running out…
there is balance.
Giving and receiving.
And there’s no need for greed here, because it won’t run dry.
I need explosion. I need ignition. I need …
Nothing but awareness that it’s already here?
Standing on the edge of a cliff… the wild expanse spread out before me like the head table of a banquet.
It’s beautiful… stunning… breathtaking, but I’m nauseated by the great heights.
I can’t figure out if I’m shaking from fright or excitement.
All I have to do is jump…
I love flying.
I hate falling.
But then, you’re more than aware of that, aren’t you?


" If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don't have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way he loves us "

No comments: