Tuesday, August 3, 2010

they seem wild, but they are so tame.

I cannot forget. We are part of each other’s story.
I may burn the pages.
I may blot out your name.
I may vow to never speak it again.
I may be healed.
The scars may fade.
But history will remain.
We happened.
The shame can infest it and make it the ‘off-limits’ wing.
Or grace can invade it turn it into songs that sing.
Something new may be made of it.
But it happened.
A road diverging.
Make your choice.
I wish I could sit you down and ask you to just remember…
Do you see me?
I am weary of taking the blame;
of releasing it and taking it back.
I am tired of being sorry... forgiven in word, but met by your absence.
I’m not sure why I mind so much.
The fact is that I do.
I am awfully mindful when it comes to you.

but i will not return to that dwelling place of fear.
i've slain this dragon with this same sword.
rejection and all of its cursed relations that claim me as their own.
i will run them through and bleed them dry of their power over me.
and dancing on their graves i'll sing
"i am not yours; you are nothing to me."

1 comment:

Izabela said...

Ohh!

["and dancing on their graves i'll sing "i am not yours; you are nothing to me.""]

Yeahh! Brave heart!

(I don't konw wy, but I'm feeling so happy for you) ^__^