Saturday, March 7, 2009

hold my heart til brighter days.

they told us spring is coming.
the old march lion will be roaring again.
i can feel the beating now,
shaking through my skin
i can feel the explosion...
the blood rush to the head
i can't work out the answer.
i can't work out the answer.
i can't work out the answer.
would you tell me again?
or let me forget that it even began.
forget how fond i've become of that bird-like boy face he makes.
the one that seems to accidentally appear when the cameras come to write it down.
glittering smoke stacks and ribbons tightly wound. like the curls in my hair, i've forgotten about.
twirling. and i'm lost in that gaze like my fingers in the spiral.
once upon a time...
i hit a new kind of low.
and it's my secret to tell or not to tell.
but suspicious eyes peer closely, waiting for misstep. they heard the fall.
in my head happenstance and destiny are warring. ceaseless.
tell me again. whisper the truth or simply,
LET ME FORGET!
bend your ear closer...are you listening to me?
i'm caving with words now.
i want/won't let him see.
count down this time...
this time he'll lose me.
and feel it like i do.
this time...
do you even see me?
they told us spring is coming.
the old march lion is roaring again.
but what of it unless i can feel him breathing?
longingly watching from the 4th floor windows.
caught in the come-hither stare of the sun that makes us bloom.
even under these flourescent lights i am blooming within.
even the frost of fear is unable to make me wilt.
even after i've given up on it myself.
a day in that romantic determined gaze and i am lifted again.

No comments: