Thursday, May 3, 2012

certain.

and i was searching through the windows
and i could feel it resting on my bones
the kind i have to tear off before it finds its way into the marrow
the disassociation gets much harder after that
i could feel it eating away at my joy
right in the center of my diaphragm
i was even smiling
the strongest smile couldn't keep them from spilling out
thank God for sunglasses
i think it comes down to the fact that i need a little certainty.
there is nothing like the feeling that ones heart is absolutely grounded
feet firmly planted
and you are standing
'neath sunny skies
within stormy weather
confident and certain.
x-factors can be exciting.
can be liberating.
hold me steady in uncertainty.
the clouds turned a bit gray
it happens that way
yesterday, it was sunny
and the shadow of doubt passed over
come on, come on, come on!
i don't want to feel the want
the pound for pound
the lack
come on, come on, come on!
LIGHTS COME ON!
and make the uncertainty leave.
about myself.
about the future.
about the here and now.
anchor my heart.
let me be certain.

No comments: