Wednesday, September 2, 2009

my nose is froze...

The last two evenings I’ve slept with the window open. And it’s nice and chilly out, which means, I’m able to cuddle up in my favourite comforter. Bliss.
I’m reading this biography of Paul McCartney, and was on this particular chapter regarding the Maharishi and meditation, which came just after talking about some experiences in trying acid. All I can say, is who the heck needs to try it, when you can have the crazy warbled imaginative dreams like I’ve just had! I think they were mostly inspired by what I’d just read. But they weren’t scary. Just nuts! And I kind of liked it. And… the last to mornings have also brought other hints of the first tastes of autumn… Pumpkin Spice Latte. Gorgeous. Starbucks has changed it’s coffee cups and all of the merchandise are bringing the brown, caramel, honey, bronze/golden hues of the coming season. I looooove it. It seems our office A/C is set to get us in the mood as well. It’s currently about 69 degrees in here. And my nose is froze. I like it. Except for the fact, I decided against my better judgement to forego bringing the jacket with me…
Unfortunately though, as I’m super attuned to the gorgeous scents of autumn… I’m inundated with not so good ones. Like the motorcycle that started right next to me this morning, filling my hair which WAS smelling of delicious vanilla and a little coffee…to exhaust. And now, the jacket brought to me smells of stale smoke. I miss my London favourites who are drenched in yummy aftershave and cologne, Chanel Allure for instance. I still have the lingering remains on a shirt of mine, and I don’t really want to wash it…
(Which reminds me, I knew I should’ve gone and watched the Coco Chanel film before leaving London. I’ll have to wait absolutely ages to see it here.)

The soundtrack to all of these wonderful things seems to be a grand mashup of the beatles, zeppelin, and the new Frank Sinatra (Dean Martin/Mel Torme/Harry Connick Jr/Ella Fitzgerald etc.) station I’ve set up on Pandora radio. I have discovered that I swoon to zeppelin as much as I do to these classic jazz tunes. Perhaps bizarre, but it’s still very factual, actual, and satisfactual.

In other news… I’m trying to learn. I want to. I really do.

No comments: