so i live just outside of nashville in a place called antioch. immediately, for most locals, this conjures up mental images of wannabe thugs and crime and drug dealers and a make believe mall where hardly anyone goes unless you want your car broken into and/or to be a candidate to be shot inside. it's kind of not that serious. but it kind of is.
however, i live in a lovely roomy 1300something square foot apartment with my dream garden soaker tub for half of what i paid for a decent condo closer to downtown. and right now? i'm trying to be a bit more practical. but i was thinking the other day how much potential antioch has. it has it's nice bits (like mine) and it's not so nice bits. i think it just needs a few things...
- since we're on the subject, let's begin with a barnes & noble
- a real shopping center with actual stores people like, as opposed to another nail shop, loan place and cricket phone or the like.
- a gym. a nice one. just. sayin.
- another publix and at least 1 whole foods and/or trader joes and one classy kroger.
- some kind of bongo java group coffee place.
- a real movie theatre.
- more tasty cuisine options that are found only in nashville... or the south, even. i mean, how is it that smyrna has a better looking cluster of shopping options and food places than antioch?
- a j alexanders. just for good measure.
- annnnd a few more cashiers at wal-mart after 9pm.
- a few classy little boutiques.
- a victoria's secret.
- and last but not least, pie in the sky.
is that asking too much?
you can do it, antioch! not saying i wanna live here forever, but it would make things just a little sweeter in the meantime.